Timeless Treasures Recipe
Kate is always bringing treasures to the table! These tasseled statement necklaces are easy to make and will flex your creative muscles with mixed metals, an assortment of techniques, and a variety of materials. This is a real “go with the flow” project and you can use just about anything! There’s no limits, no set amounts or lengths…take the inspiration from Kate’s pieces and run with it!
We consider this an All Levels Project and will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
Check out our individual samples for ideas, and choose you own ingredients with help from our general list below.
- Skill Builder: How to Silk Wrap
- Skill Builder: How to Wire Wrap a Briolette
- FB Live 1.31.18: Wire 101
- FTF 9.29.17: Boho Beauty
See the recipes below and click on product links to make your own selections. Please note that you may not need all of these ingredients…for example, you won’t need wire if you’re not planning on using a briolette or wire-wrapping your chain to connect to your leather or clasp…or you may not need Ribbon Ends if you’re not using Deerskin Lace. Buy what’s appropriate for your design! Add items to your cart the in the finishes and colors you like and you’re ready to create!
- 1 Clasp or Button
- 1 Yd Deerskin Lace OR 1 Pkg 1mm Leather
- 1 Pkg .5mm Leather
- 1 Spool Regular C-Lon
- 2-4 Ft Chain, in multiple colors and styes
- 1 Spool 26G Craft Wire (if wire-wrapping a Briolette)
- 1 Spool 22G Craft Wire (if wire-wrapping your chain to other components)
- A selection of Aged Czech Picasso Beads
- 1 Pkg Tierra Heishi
- An assortment of Charms, Tiny Tassels, and Briolettes
- An assortment of larger beads, such as Faceted Barrels and Tubes, Mirage Beads, Queen or King Shadows, and Tribal beads
- Some Mini Hoops, if needed
- 1 Pkg Transitions, if needed
- 1 Pkg Ribbon Ends if using Deerskin Lace
- 1 Pkg Jump Rings, if needed
- Glue, if needed for your techniques