The Zen of Stringing Recipe
Using a combination of materials and some simple stringing techniques, you can create a masterful design of color and placement. Working with favorite beads, charms, and a focal pendant, create a lyrical story with just knots…see how cords come together to share a story and then go their separate ways. This is an All Levels Project but not one to rush. Give yourself a weekend to explore the path you'll take. The recipe will make a necklace 16-28 inches or more in length.
We now have had three Zen of Stringing FB Lives.
Be sure to enjoy them all:
FB Live 11.22.17, debuting Branching Out and Out of the Blue.
FB Live 12.4.18, where Homecoming was explored.
FB Live 1.9.19, creating the Zen of Fishing.
This recipe is a loose suggestion…you can create using any number of beads. See the recipe below and click on product links to make your own color selections. Add to your cart the in the colors you like and you’re ready to create!
- Regular C-Lon or Fine Weight C-Lon in one or more colors
- Strands of Padres and/or Strands of Stone Rounds
- Strands Stone Shapes (Rondelles, Coins, Star Cuts)
- Spacers, such as Temple, Tribal Heishi, or Czech O Beads
- 1-2 Tubes 11/0 Seed Beads and/or 8/0 Seed Beads
- A Selection of 2-4 types of Tribal Beads (You’ll want 15-20 beads)
- 1 Focal Pendant
- Optional: Charms, Chain, a Button for closure
- 1 Pkg Collapsible Eye Needle
- 1 Tube GS Hypo Cement or Zap Glue