Color Study Recipe
More than any other ingredient in your project, color is the key component to creating a cohesive and inspired design. As Janice always says, “Get the color right and the design will follow.” Color Study is a multi-technique, multi-wrap bracelet which weaves a story through color, pattern, and unique materials. The companion handout was revised in late 2014 for easier learning, and with two FB Lives going over the techniques in both 2017 and 2018, we now have Episode Notes to review, too.
- FB Live 7.12.17: Garden Path Color Study
- Garden Path Episode Notes 7.12.17
- Original Color Study Handout*
- How to Secure a Project to a Board
- How to Macramé
- How to Infinity Stitch
*Please note that this is an older handout and is not to be followed exactly, but reviewing the techniques in it may be helpful.
See the recipe below and click on product links to make your own color selections. Add to your cart the in the colors you like and you’re ready to create!
- 1 Button
- 1 Pkg 1mm or 1.5mm Leather
- 1 Spool KO Thread
- 1 Spool Tuff Cord #1 OR Regular C-Lon
- 1-2 Feet Wheat Chain
- A selection of 8/0 and/or 11/0 Seed Beads
- 1 Tube BGL-2 Bugle Beads
- A selection of CzechMates Tiles and/or Miyuki Tilas
- A selection of Little Shadows, Shadows, 3mm Czech Glass, or other 2-4mm beads
- A selection of Large-Holed Beads, such as Big Shadows (for 1mm leather), Pony Express, Czech Roller Beads, etc.
Please be sure that the large hole beads you choose fit over two strands of leather cord.
- 1 Tube GS Hypo Cement
- 1 Pkg Size 10 Seed Bead Needle
- 1 Pkg Big Eye Needles