Indian Garnet- January 2021
Custom Mix of Miyuki 8/0 Seed Beads
For 2021’s Monthly Mixes we wanted to do something a little different! 2020 was a rough year, so in 2021 we want to make sure we celebrate each day to the fullest. For each mix we’re taking inspiration from that month’s birthstone, creating gorgeous blends inspired by...birthdays!
In creating a mix inspired by Garnets, January’s birthstone, Janice came across this photo from the Gemological Institute of America, showcasing the many colors of Garnet. While we are all familiar with “traditional” garnet in dark red, there are so many other colors, including green, pink, yellow, and orange. Garnets are imported from India.
This seed bead mix was inspired by the rare beauty of this stone. All in size 8/0s, this mix is made of Round Rocailles and Hex Cuts, and lends itself beautifully to beadweaving, loom work, and our past collection of Monthly Mix project ideas.
When the mix is sold out, or you’d like to purchase the individual beads used in this mix, the recipe is:
- 8C-367 Garnet-Lined Ruby AB
- 8-313 Cranberry Gold Luster
- 8C-276 Dark Coral-Lined Crystal AB
- 8C-275 Dark Peach-Lined Crystal AB
- 8-4234 Duracoat Silver-Lined Dyed Watermelon
- 8-1008 Silver-Lined Orange AB
- 8-1889 Transparent Golden Olive Luster
- 8-1456 Dyed Silver-Lined Lichen
Sold in tubes of 22 grams/ approximately 950 beads.