Silk Float Away Necklace Recipe
Our three latest Float Away samples use Griffin Silks to knot beads in place, creating an effortless, chic, elegance. Each sample is slightly different, so choose wisely
Watch FB Live on Wednesday, 7.25.18, and enjoy creating beaded beads that are all your own!
Check out our individual samples for ideas, and see the general recipe below and click on product links to make your own selections. Add items to your cart the in the finishes and colors you like and you’re ready to create!
- 1 Pkg Griffin Silk
- 1 Pkg Traditional End Tips or Clamshell End Tips
- A selection of pearls, stones, Czech glass, etc
- (We used 4mm, 6mm, and 8mm stone rounds, 4mm Czech Fire Polish, 5mm Czech Rondelles, Stone Rondelles and more)
- A selection of smaller beads, such as Little Shadows, Hematite Cut Cubes, Small Rondelles, 3mm Czech Melons, etc
- A selection of spacers, such as Tierra Daisies or Tierra Heishi
- A tube of 11/0 Seed Beads if needed to hold larger-holed beads in place
- A pendant or charm or tassel, if desired, and jump rings for it if needed
Clasp of your choice, or heavier end beads (such as Faceted Tube Beads) with head pins for a lariat-style
Chain, if you’d like to use a lobster claw clasp and make your necklace adjustable
You will also want to have:
GS Hypo Cement, Knotting Tweezers, Old School Thread Clippers, Chain Nose Pliers, and Bent Nose Pliers