How to Make a Micro Float
by Janice Parsons
Here's an old favorite - a two strand necklace project that utilizes several techniques that adapt well to create an artisan treasure. For anyone with metal allergies or adverse to the high price of silver and gold, here's one that uses a bead for the clasp and thread for the loop...and it's hypo-allergenic! It's really hard to mess this one up! Because the beads float and a thread passes on the outside of each bead, there's a naturally cohesive look to your necklace.
To make a 2 strand necklace 16-19 inches per strand:
- 5-9 yards Tuff #1 Cord or C-lon.
- 1 package turquoise tablets *NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- 1 strand cream crinkles *NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- 1 pkg baroque cream pearls
- 1 pkg Pure Poetry in Smokey Quartz *NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- 1 pkg Luminescence Cubes
-Flexible eye needle (optional with tuff cord)
-Deep Dish for macramé,
-2 binder clips
-2 scrap lengths of Rattail
-6 inches each knotted into loops about 3 inches in length.