Designing a Cuff Recipe
Start with an idea, some inspiration, a thought…Janice was inspired by the West African Mixes and the new Egyptian Clasps…and thus this cuff came about! Beading with mindfulness and patience, designing with Janice’s techniques of lane-ing and spacing…it shows in this bracelet.
You already know how to string on Soft Flex and crimp with care. Now we want to drill down and focus on design. With a multiple-strand cuff, you have the opportunity to design as if you're painting a canvas.
- Facebook Live 1.24.18
- Episode Notes
- Skillbuilder: Using Crimps, Guardians, and Covers
- How to Open and Close Jump Rings Securely
See the recipe below and click on product links to make your own color selections. Add to your cart the in the colors you like and you’re ready to create!
- 1 Cleo 5 Clasp
- 1 Spool SoftFlex
- 1 Tube West African Mix OR a Selection of Tribal Beads
- 1 Strand 4mm Czech Glass Fire Polish
- 1 Strand Hematite Cut Cubes OR Little Shadows
- 1 Strand 6mm Czech Melons OR 6mm Stones OR 6mm Tribal
- 1 Tube/Hank/Pkg Czech Seed Beads OR Miyuki 11/0s
- 1-2 Pkgs Tierra Heishi
- 1 Foot Teardrop Bauble Chain (Or 2Ft in two colors)
- 2 Feet Little Lentil OR Similar Chain
- 1 Tiny Tassel
- 2 Charms
- 1 Pkg Assorted Crimp Tubes
- 1 Pkg Crimp Covers
- 1 Pkg Wire Guardians
- 1 Pkg 5mm 18G Jump Rings