by Nicole Anderson
In this amazing video project, Nicole demonstrates how to master the herringbone weave stitch using Chinese knotting cord around leather. As you watch the video, you will learn this century?s old stitch as well as how to ladder gems with KO Thread into a five wrap bracelet.
What transforms this one stitch into a compelling story is the amazing color blocking which happens by changing knotting cord and bead options throughout the pattern. It all gets closed with a button, for an artisan look. Please watch the video in full. Below we have blocked out the pattern for Bark in inches. However, you are free to mix and match both colors and beads to create your own vision.
Project Level: Intermediate Time to Complete: Definitely Weekend Project!
- 1 Festival Button
- 1 pkg gold plated pyritte rondelles
- 1 pkg moonstone rondelles
- 1 pkg amethyst rondelles
- 1 pkg dyed ruby rondelles
- 1 Spool Dark Purple KO thread
- 1 spool Lavender Chinese Knotting Cord
- 1 spool Purple Chinese Knotting Cord
- 1 spool Wine Chinese Knotting Cord
- 1 spool Chocolate Chinese Knotting Cord
- 1 spool Orchid Chinese Knotting Cord
- Purple 1.5mm Greek Leather
- 1 pkg Pebble metal beads
*Please note: Chinese knotting cord has proven difficult to re-order. Sometimes we just cannot get the same color again, or the dye lots change. We do our best to keep it in stock, but if we are out of one of the colors, we suggest picking another. Feel free to call us at (650)386-6962 9-5pm PST Monday-Friday if you would like help paletting a project.