by: Brittany Ketcham
The calming beauty of sea life and water beckon you closer for a better look at this charming interpretation of a ladder bracelet using five shades of Miyuki Tila beads. Because Tila Beads are two holed and flat like mosaic tiles, we suggest a variety of colors to help create an old-world look and feel. This project can be done in a variety of colors and it is no secret you can use almost any combination of colors to make a stunning bracelet. Watch the video and set aside an afternoon to play.
Skill Level: All. The more you make, the easier it will get!
Project Level: Beginner Time to Complete: 4-6 Hours
-5 Assorted Colors of Tila Beads. Shorebird used:
Opaque Turquoise Green, Matte Transparent Green AB, Transparent Oyster Luster, Matte Black AB and and Antique Ivory Pearl Ceylon.
- 2-3 yards 1.5mm Greek Leather in Natural or color of your choosing
- 1 Button with holes that leather will fit through. Brittany used Call Me Old Fashioned, which is no longer available, but can be replaced with Bobby Sox.
- Tuff Cord Size 1 in Brown for laddering or KO Thread
- For contrasting silk wraps: C-Lon in Celadon, C-Lon in Olive, C-Lon in Nickel
- 2 Metal beads with holes to fit leather. We used Pebbles
- 2 beads Size 3-4mm, Brittany used Surrounded by Beauty, which is no longer available. It can be replaced by our Hex beads, Shadows.