Summer Rush- August 2020
Custom Mix of Miyuki 8/0 Seed Beads and Bugles
With August comes Summer’s curtain call. A push of heat and haze, the last of the flowers taking their bows, bright skies and brilliant sunsets...and before you know it the hazy days turn crisp and cool.
Having a creative well to draw from during these past several months has been so important. Inspired by a series of abstract landscape lithographs by British artist David Leverett, this blend of colors captures the rich, warm tones of summer alongside bright pops of blue and cream. After losing Mr. Leverett to Covid this past spring, his works and ability to communicate through color seem to speak to us now more than ever.
Summer Rush is a mix of 8/0 Miyuki Seed Beads and 6mm Miyuki Bugles hand-picked by Drea. Perfect for a pair of Brick Stitch Tassel Earrings or used in a Color Study Wrap, these colors truly sing. You can find many ideas of what we’ve done with past Monthly Mixes here.
When the mix is sold out, or if you’d like to purchase the individual beads used in this mix, the recipe is:
- 8-2021 Matte Opaque Cream
- 8-580 Dyed Pale Peach SL Alabaster
- 8-4456 Duracoat Opaque Hawthorne
- 8-4244 Duracoat SL Dyed Persimmon
- 8-645 Dyed Dk Rose SL Alabaster
- 8-141FR Matte Transparent Ruby AB
- 8-142FR Matte Trans Smoky Amethyst AB
- BGL2-2405FR Matte Transparent Teal AB
- BGL2-2034 Matte Antique Rose Gold Luster